UBT's Governance Structure
UBT’s Governance Structure complements its Academic Structure and has been through several evolutionary stages and is still subject to change. This is natural for a growing University, however, it should be emphasized that UBT’s strategy is neither to be a duplicate of a public university, nor does it intend continuous growth. The capacity that UBT decided upon is to stay as a private small to medium size university of 5 to 6 thousand students. The existing organizational structure (Click here) is depicted in the following chart whereby it can be seen that the Rector (CEO) is in charge of all academic, as well as administrative functions of the University. Along with the help of the Deputy Rector, Vice Rector for Academic Affairs (VRAA) and Vice Rector of Quality and Development (VRQD), they run the university operations. The Rector, Deputy Rector, VR's and Deans implement strategies, policies, procedures and by-laws mandated by the BOT and UC. The Decision Making (DM) process actually flows from the bottom upwards starting at the Departmental Level (Department Council), College Level (College Council) and University Level (University Council). With this framework, the Span of Control of Senior postions are as follows:
Rectors Span of Control
- Scientific Council.
- Dean of Scientific Research
- Dean of Student Affairs
- General Director of Graduate Studies.
- General Director of Continuing Education Center (CEC).
- Director of Career Center.
- General Director of Legal Affairs
- General Director of Human Resource.
- General Director of Shared Services.
- Director of Educational Support Center.
- Director of Medical Clinics
- Director of Media and PR.
Deputy Rector Span of Control
- Dean of CBA JED.
- Vice Dean of JCA.
- Director General of Shared Service – JED.
- Director of UBTA (UPP) - JED.
- Director of Medical clincs - JED.
- Director of Media and PR - JED.
VRAA Span of Control
- Deans' Council
- Dean of CBA Dahban.
- Dean of CBA Sari.
- Dean of CE – Dahban.
- Dean of JCA – Dahban.
- Dean of CL - Dahban.
- Deanship of Library Affairs.
- Deanship of Admission & Registration.
- English Language Academy (ELA).
VRQD Span of Control
- Director of Quality and Development.
- Director of Strategic Planning and Information.
- Director of IT Infrastructures and Supports.
- Director of IT System and Appliction Development.