Curriculum Vitae of the Vice Rector for Academic Affairs
Dr. Mahmoud Omar Baeissa
Vice Rector of Academic Affairs
University of Business & Technology.
Vice Rector of Academic Affairs
University of Business and Technology
P.O.Box 110200 Jeddah, 21361 Saudi Arabia
- B.A. in Accounting (first class Honors Degree), faculty of Economics and Administration, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, 1976.
- M. A. in Accounting (first class Honor Degree), College of Business, Ball State University, Munice, IN, U.S.A., 1980.
- Ph.D. in Accounting, the University of Kent at Canterbury, Kent, England, U.K, 1984.
ACADEMIC HONOURS AND MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION:
- Third place in the final examination for Secondary Schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 1970.
- Titled of the “Ideal student” at king Abdulaziz University for the year 1972/1973.
- Titled of the “Outstanding Graduate Student” in the College of Business, Ball State University, 1980.
- Elected member of Beta Gamma Sigma, USA 1980.
- Educational member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), 1993.
- Member of Saudi Accounting Association, 2009
- External member of the Saudi Organization of certified public Accounting (SOCPA)- 2009
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Accounting, faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1976 – 1977.
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1984 – 1991.
- Associate Professor of Accounting, Faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1984 – Present.
- Chairman of the “Sport Committee”, Faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1984 – 1985.
- Director of Academic Affairs, Faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1985 – 1988.
- Vice Dean, Faculty of Economics and Administration, KAU, 1988 – 1994.
- Member of the College Council, Faculty of Economics and Administration.
- Participation in several committees both at the university and college Admission committee the University Investigation and discipline Committee.
- Consultant for the Bin Rafah Group, Jeddah, 1985 – 1987.
- Member of Board of Directors of the Saudi Organization of Certified Public Accountants (SOCPA). 1990 – 1995.
- Member of the Committee of Certified Accountants, chamber of commerce and Industry, Jeddah, 1990 – 1993.
- Member of the Board of directors of Al- Ittahad Sport club, Jeddah, 1990 – 1992.
- Member of the consulting Committee for the Minister of Higher Education, 1991 – 1994.
- Vice – President of Finance and Legal Affairs for the Balbaid Group, Jeddah, 1994 – 2003
- Dean – college of (CBA),university of Business & Technology (UBT) -2012-2014
CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ATTENDED:
Many conferences and Seminars both local and International.
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITES:
- Visiting fellow researcher, the University of the Wales, Abergystwyth, UK, 1995.
- Visiting fellow researcher, Ibin Zoher University, Agadire. – Morocco, 2003.
- Visiting fellow researcher, LATROBE University, Melbourne, Australia, 2009.
BOOKS, RESEARCH PAPERS AND STUDIES:
Several Research papers and studies published in recognized scientific journals locally and international. Two specialized text books (in Arabic) in Accounting and Auditing.