MOHE Local Grants Program
Rules and regulations
For the renewal of scholarships for the academic year 2016/2017g
1. A student registering for the renewal of his/her scholarship should have been on the scholarship program for the academic year 1436/1437h.
2. An undergraduate student should register and maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours for the duration of the academic term he/she registered for.
3. A graduate student should register and maintain a minimum of 9 credit hours for the duration of the academic term he registered for.
4. The scholarship will cover a total of 10 academic terms for undergraduate students of CBA & JCA.
5. The scholarship will cover a total of 12 academic terms for undergraduate students of CEIT.
6. The scholarship will cover a total of 4 academic terms for graduate students at the Master’s program.
7. An undergraduate student should maintain a GPA of 2.75 out of 5.00.
8. A graduate student should maintain a GPA of 3.75 out of 5.00.
9. A student who previously lost his qualification for the scholarship program due to low GPA, and aspires to re-enroll at the scholarship program, can accomplish that, for one time only, if he:
Maintains a GPA of 3.75 out of 5.00 during the academic term they registered for, and
Maintains an accumulative GPA of 2.75 out of 5.00.
10. As stipulated by the Ministry of Education, if the student is working and joined the social security system, he needs to provide an approval letter from his employer for his continuous enrollment at UBT, showing his National ID number as well as his student ID number.
11. If a student is unable to register for enrollment during any academic term, he is required to submit to the scholarship department the official delay form approved by the registration office, or an approved medical report.
The registration for the renewal of scholarships for the academic year 1437/ 1438H will be open to students from the 4th to the 24th of Ramadan 1437h.
An official copy of the academic schedules for the Fall term(2016)will be posted on the Ministry of Education’s site at the beginning of the third week of the Fall term.
Collections & Scholarships Director
Name: Mr. Mohammed Bajobair
Students Financial affairs
Name: Mr. Mohammed Abdual Fattah
Telephone: +966(02) 2159035