This program seeks to establish a solid analytical base for students to build an outstanding career in Finance. The program develops the ability to understand and analyze the structure and functioning of financial markets and the way in which financial intermediaries and institutions operate. In addition to, learning about the actual daily financial problems in the business world through the use of financial tools and means. The program concentrates on developing the student’s ability to direct and manage financial resources of all types companies. It also explains the dimensions of financial decisions and their impact on the value of the organization as well as profit distribution decisions. To choose this field students are expected to have strong background in Math, Statistics, and quantitative analysis.
- Provides an in-depth understanding of how financial planning and analysis can be applied by companies to gain a competitive edge in terms of maintaining cash flow which are vital for any business both at a strategic and operational level.
- Develop the ability to utilize financial and accounting data to solve complex business problems.
- Equip students with the understanding of financial markets and institutions and their roles in businesses.
- Prepare the students to apply different instruments to deal with markets imperfections and inefficiencies.
- Graduates form this program should be able to apply the concept of the time value of money, apply capital budgeting techniques, and apply the theory of capital structure to assess a firm’s leverage and the cost of capital which is essentials to financial management to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Finance graduates should be able to apply valuation models to estimate the price of financial assets, measure risk and describe the risk- return tradeoff as expressed by (CAPM) the Capital Asset Pricing Model.