Supply Chain Management
The Business Logistics program introduces the student to the principles and essentials of Business Logistics, structure of Business Logistics system, and its environment. Such introduction is presented in two main subjects: Principles of Management and Business Logistics Management while other major subjects are more concerned with building the ability, skills and knowledge. The knowledge and skills gained by the student throughout the course will enable him to define, collect and analyze necessary information. On the completion of the program the student will be able to apply ways and means of problem-solving techniques and decision-making in issues arise in the course of his profession. The program extends its boundaries to include complementary areas outside Business Logistics since other subjects in the departments provide essential knowledge in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, management, the use of computers in making administrative decision and Strategic Planning. The student will be also enlightened with a number of quantitative analysis tools provided by subjects such as Micro and Macro Economics and Quantitative Business Analysis.
This major is considered the gate to a variety of career opportunities due to the essential role of Business Logistics in all types and forms of small or large, local or international institutions and all administrative levels from an executive director to a small retail project owner as will as all types of business from international industrial to web based business. Such importance is reflected by the fact that a percentage of the man-power in Saudi Arabia associated with business fields is recruited in activities connected to Business Logistics. All this means a bright professional future filled with challenge. Job opportunities include Electronic Business Logistics Management, Storage and Transportation and Strategic Material Purchasing. Therefore, a Business Logistics graduate finds a variety of career opportunities locally and internationally. Nevertheless, profitable organizations are not the only area of employment; a Business Logistics graduate can also find opportunities in non-profitable organizations such as public hospitals, universities, government sectors, service institutions, and social service and rehabilitation centers.
The program of the Business Logistics also qualifies the students to work in the field of Transportation. The program allows the graduate to participate effectively in private projects. The Co-op Training Program at the college assists students to make the right choice of the field of employment. The Bachelor of Business Logistics program provides the chance for Business Logistics program provides the chance for BBA holders to continue and advance their future career to enter the world of professionals and experts in the field of supply-chain management.
- Deliver to the student the essentials and definitions of Business Logistics Management and explain the impact of advanced tools and technology in the development of this field.
- Assist students to improve communication skills, encourage team work spirit, develop the ability to analyze and solve practical problems and develop intellectual abilities.
- Develop the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to manage the performance of Business Logistics Management for companies in the business sector.
- Prepare the student with adequate skills to practice Business Logistics Management in a competitive environment.
- Provide the student with the necessary background on Business Logistics and related Administrative Sciences which prepares him for higher studies.