The IE department is fortunate to have faculty of multidisciplinary background. Current research
activities consist of experimental, theoretical, and computational programs. The main focus areas of our research are: Operations Management and Optimization, Mechanics and Vibration Control, and Thermal and Fluid Sciences. For more detail, please view the research summaries of each individual faculty member.
Operational Management and Optimization (Dr. Amr Elbadan, Dr. Anas Alghamri,
Dr. Tarek Al Sehli, and Dr. Mohammad Hamasha)
- Stochastic Analysis
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Adaptive Scheduling
- Production planning and control
- Service Delivery Systems
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Decision Analysis
- Six Sigma and lean six sigma
Mechanics and Vibration Control (Dr. Seoud Abouamer)
- Vibration Control
- Aero Elasticity
- Mechanical systems sensing and control
- MEMS composite material
Thermal and Fluid Sciences (Dr. Isameddin Abdullah)
- Hydraulic Systems
- Pipeline leakage detection
- S.A. Abou-Amer, "Optimized Technique for Panel Flutter Control at High Supersonic Speed using Piezoelectric Material", Journal of Applied Science, (2008).
- S.A. Abou-Amer, M. I. Youssef, "Modified Health Care Controlling System Using Advanced Smart Pill and Finger Ring", Mansoura Engineering Journal, Vol. 32, No. 2, March 2010, pp. M.21-M.36.
- Salah Abdallah a,*, Essam Yousef b, Issameddin Abdullah a , Asma Tamime The Effect of TDS on the Hydrogen and Oxygen Production Using Photovoltaic Power Generation System. Int. J. of Sustainable Water and Environmental SystemsVolume 5, No. 1 (2013) 31-341
- Mohammed S. Al-Soud, Essam Abdallah, Ali Akayleh, Salah Abdallah, Eyad S. Hrayshat. A parabolic solar cooker with automatic two axes sun tracking system. Accepted for publication in Applied Energy Journal, Volume 87, Issue 2, Feb. 2010.
- Hamasha, M. M., Rumbe, G., Khasawneh, M. T., “Optimisation of Single-Queue Service Delivery Systems Using a Markovian Approach”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol.13, No.4, pp.424 – 441, 2013.
- Sudarsanam, H., Peng, C., Hamasha, M. M., Lu, S., andWestgate, C. R. “Cost Effective Green Grid System (Grid-Tied Photovoltaic System): A Simulation-Based Optimization Study”, Journal of Management and Engineering Integration, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2012.
- Anas A. AlGhamri and Susan L. Murray, “Respirator Selection Considerations for Worker Protection and Productivity”, Professional Safety Journal (ASSE), Oct 2013.
- Anas Alghamri, SL Murray, and VA. Samaranayake. “The Effects of Wearing Respirators on Human Fine Motor, Visual, and Cognitive Performance”, Journal of Ergonomics, 56 (5):791- 802, 2013.
- Abou Ali, G., Elbadan, A., Elkaffas, M. "Meta-heuristic for the Waste Collection Vehicle Routing Problem", International Conference on Modeling and Optimization, ICMO 2011 Cairo, October 2011.
- Abou Ali, G., Elbadan, A., Elkaffas, M. "Two-Phase Tabu Search Metaheuristic for the Heterogeneous Fixed Fleet Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows", International Conference on Modeling and Optimization, ICMO 2011 Cairo, October 2011.