Overview of Information Technology Program
The Information Technology Association (ITAA) has defined IT as the study , design, develop, implement and maintain the Computer based information systems. In an Academic Perspective, the IT is defined as Undergraduate degree program that develops the skills of students to meet the computer technical needs of business for example: Banks, Hospitals & Universities.
The IT experts have the responsibility for Opting Software and Hardware solutions which are suitable for any Organization.
Today’s business environment needs flexibility, speed & efficiency in their related software’s. We trained the students to achieve these qualities in our IT program by providing Theoretical & Practical knowledge about different Software Programming, Databases & Networking which help you to develop good Software & Hardware Solutions.
IT program offers the following Specializations:
- Software Engineering.
- Database Management System.
- Computer Communication Network & Network Security.
Currently lot of jobs are available in the above specializations across the globe. Just one needs to expertise in any one specialization.
In addition to the Compulsory or Core courses ,We teach specialization courses such as Software Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Design Pattern, Advanced Programming with JAVA, Databases, Database Administration, Computer Communication Network, Networking and Network Administration.
IT department has made the following Seven(7) Computer LABS
1. ENG 110 LAB:
This Lab is known as CISCO Lab and it has the following Network devices: Routers, Switches, Firewall, Patch panels. All these devices are connected to 13 PCs as shown in Fig.
2. ENG 116 LAB: This Lab is meant for doing the Practical work on courses such as Computer Programming-1(C++), Computer Skills (Microsoft Office), Smartdraw tool for System Analysis & Design course etc. It consists of 25 PCs.
3. ENG 120 LAB: This Lab is meant for Software Programming such as Computer Programming-1(C++), Computer Programming-2 (OOPS), Microsoft Office & MATLAB etc. It also consists of 25 PCs.
4. ENG 122 LAB: This Lab is specially meant for Advising the Students before they start the actual Registration. It also serves the students of different department to practice on software tools such as CAD, Programming-1(C++), Microsoft Office & MATLAB etc. It also consists of 21 PCs.
5. ENG 128 LAB: This Lab is known as Hardware and DBA Lab. Usually students will get hardware Training and they can able to assemble the PCs by selecting the different components available under this Lab. It has lot of components such as mother board, CPU, RAM, Bus, SMPS, Analog & Digital monitors etc.
Under this Lab students will also practice Data base Administration Commands like Creating users, Assigning Privileges, Taking backup, & doing Performance Tuning etc. It has 6 PCs.
6. ENG 130 LAB: This Lab is meant for Software Programming such as Computer Programming-1(C++) on Micro Soft Visual Studio 2010 express edition, Computer Programming-2(OOPS) on Sun Microsystems JAVA(JDK), Databases on Oracle 10g, Microsoft Office 2007, & MATLAB etc. It also consists of 25 PCs.
7. ENG 134 LAB: This Lab is also meant for Software Programming such as Computer Programming-1(C++) on Micro Soft Visual Studio 2010 express edition, Computer Programming-2(OOPS) on Sun Microsystems JAVA(JDK), Micro Soft SQL Server 2008, Databases on Oracle 10g, Microsoft Office 2007, & MATLAB etc. It also consists of 25 PCs.